Mobil Connect website (the “Site”) is maintained by ExxonMobil Lubricants & Petroleum Specialties Company, a division of Exxon Mobil Corporation for your information, education, and enjoyment. Please feel free to browse, download from, comment on, and otherwise use the Site. At the same time, please remember that your access to Mobil Connect is subject to the following terms, conditions, and notices set forth herein (the "Guidelines"), as well as all applicable laws. By accessing and using Mobil Connect, you accept the Guidelines without limitation or qualification. ExxonMobil may at any time revise these Guidelines by updating this posting. You are bound by such revisions and should therefore visit this page to review the current Guidelines from time to time. ExxonMobil reserves the right, without notice and for any reason, to remove any content on this Site, and to deny access of any user or users to all or any part of this Site.
- Be respectful. Respect people's time and attention by asking well-thought-out questions and sharing what you've learned so far in your experience or research. Respect people as individuals by keeping your tone positive and your comments constructive.
- Be relevant. Make sure your contributions are relevant to the mission and charter of the community, which is to share knowledge about lubrication solutions, focusing on engineering, maintenance and synthetic technology, and network with other Mobil Connect users and OEMs from around the world.
- Please do not post duplicate messages in different areas of the community to avoid fragmenting discussion. If you have a new question, start a new thread rather than interrupting a conversation. When starting or responding to a discussion thread, or uploading a file, please use a title that describes the content of your post.
- Show good judgment. Don't post anything that would violate any contractual agreements (copyright, trade secret or otherwise) or nondisclosure agreements to which you are a party.
- Protect privacy - yours and others'. While Mobil Connect requires registration to participate, we can’t prevent members from sharing information outside the community. Don't share anything about yourself or your organization that you would not want to see elsewhere on the web, and don’t post someone else’s personal information without that person’s consent. If you submit personal information about another individual, you agree to obtain that individual’s consent prior to posting their information. (Please also read the Data Privacy section below.)
- In support of the above guidelines, we do not allow:
- Posts that are of an insulting nature, deemed a personal attack, objectionable in nature, threatening, or purposely inflammatory
- Conversations that represent a position of a political nature not directly related to the topic.
- Any discussions of illegal activities such as (but not limited to) the piracy of software or other intellectual property violations.
- Overt self-promotion, advertising or spamming on Mobil Connect. Do not use members’ email links with the intention of offering products/services for sale.
- Discussions of pricing or commercial terms.
- In connection with content you submit, you further agree that you will not:
- submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including image, privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant ExxonMobil all of the license rights granted herein; (please beware that publicly available information found on internet websites is often subject to copyright and other protections – you should not assume it is permissible to include material from other websites);
- publish falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage ExxonMobil, its employees, contractors or any third party;
- submit material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate;
- post advertisements or solicitations of business; and/or
- impersonate another person.
- If you are a resident of Italy, you are not eligible for contests or sweepstakes.
- ExxonMobil also reserves the right in its sole discretion to terminate the rights of any user to the Site, including rights to post content and rights to access existing content. The grant of login credentials does not imply any rights or privileges to the Site and such access maybe removed at any time. Users of the Site have no rights or claims to any content posted to the Site. ExxonMobil further disclaims any obligations or liability for any damage that might occur to you or your company due to your use and access to the Site.
- Once you are issued a password and username, you agree that you will be personally responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any such password and username and for all activities that occur under such password or username. You further agree to (a) immediately notify ExxonMobil of any unauthorized use of your password or username or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. ExxonMobil will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with any of the foregoing requirements. In order to maintain the level of integrity expected within a respectful community, user names should be created that will afford a member the desired level of privacy without being objectionable or solicitous in nature. User names should be professional.
- These Guidelines and the Site are governed by the law of the state of Texas, without regard to its conflict of laws principles.
- Mobil Connect is owned by ExxonMobil Lubricants & Petroleum Specialities Company, a division of Exxon Mobil Corporation, 3225 Gallows Road, Fairfax, Virginia 22037.
- Participation in Mobil Connect is voluntary.
- The ExxonMobil Terms and Conditions are incorporated herein, which contain additional terms governing your use of the Site, and are available at: http://www.exxonmobil.com/Global-All/Legal/TC_Global_English.aspx. These Guidelines are intended to be consistent with such terms; however, in the event of any inconsistency, these Guidelines shall prevail.
- Your use of this Site is subject to the ExxonMobil Antitrust Policy below.
- Your use of this Site is subject to the ExxonMobil Copyright Policy below.
- Your use of this Site is subject to the ExxonMobil Privacy notice below.
- If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
ExxonMobil has a strict policy of compliance with all antitrust and competition laws of the United States and with those of any other country which are applicable to its business. It expects that you will similarly conduct yourself within Mobil Connect to avoid even the appearance of any impropriety under such laws.
In connection with the above expectation, you may not post any content within Mobil Connect that in fact or appearance includes any reference or inference to the following matters:
- Information about prices, including, price changes, price differentials, industry or individual company prices, discounts, warranties, allowances, credit terms, etc.
- Plans of individual companies or data on costs, production, distribution or marketing of particular products, including proposed territories or customers.
- Division or limitation of sales to particular territories, customers or classes of customers.
- Refusal to sell to or purchase from, or termination or modification of sales or purchase arrangements with representatives, distributors, or other third parties, or prices or terms of sale or resale by customers.
- Pricing policies, price levels, price changes, differentials and/or changes in industry production, capacity or inventories.
- Matters relating to actual or potential individual suppliers or customers that might exclude them from any market or of influencing the business conduct of firms toward such suppliers or customers.
- Limiting or eliminating competition in any way, or any efforts to create a monopoly.
Do not discuss or exchange information regarding the above matters within Mobil Connect, or otherwise, even in jest.
ExxonMobil does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on the Site, and we will remove all content if properly notified that such content infringes on another's intellectual property rights. We will also terminate a user's access to the Site, if such user is determined to be an infringer.
- We respect the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that content included on the Site is your proprietary work and has been copied in a way that constitutes an infringement of your copyrights in that work, please immediately notify ExxonMobil of any such copyright or other intellectual property rights infringement at: All reports and inquiries will be kept confidential, except to the extent necessary to investigate any alleged violation and enforce the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- When reporting an infringement, please ensure you provide all of the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
- ExxonMobil will remove the infringing posting(s), subject to the procedures outlined in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). For additional information on filing a DMCA complaint, please visit our website: http://corporate.exxonmobil.com/terms-and-conditions.
- “Personal Information” about you will be collected, including information that you post to the Site, log-in information and other personally identifying information, such as name, user ID and contact details. In some jurisdictions, your IP address may be deemed to be Personal Information. Other Personal Information can also be collected, including when you access the Site, review communities and comment on other posts.
- Personal Information may be transferred between the various divisions and affiliates of ExxonMobil.
- We employ other companies to perform services on our behalf, such as the hosting and managing of websites. These companies have access to Personal Information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Personal Information transferred in line with clauses 2 and 3 of this privacy notice may be transferred to countries other than the country in which the information was originally collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information.
- By using the Site and submitting Personal Information onto the Site you explicitly consent to the processing of your Personal Information and to the transfer of your Personal Information as described in clauses 1 - 3 of this privacy notice.
- Data Privacy Notice in French
- Data Privacy Notice in Italian
- Data Privacy Notice in Norwegian
- Data Privacy Notice in Dutch
- Data Privacy Notice in German
Opt Out/Modify Information
- You can request the removal or modification of your Personal Information by sending an e-mail to the Data Privacy Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then make a reasonable effort to accommodate your request. It would be helpful to let us know the context in which you provided Personal Information.
- If you are resident in a country with comprehensive data privacy laws, you have certain rights in relation to the information we collect, including the right to know what Personal Information we process, to have your Personal Information corrected and updated, and to withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Information
- By submitting photographs or videos onto the Site you consent that such (sensitive) personal information, is processed and transferred as stated in clause 4 of this privacy notice.
- You have a responsibility to treat the personal information related to other individuals that you have access to through the site, in accordance with applicable law, which may mean that you are allowed to use such personal information solely in the context of, and for the purpose of discussions on the Site, unless with consent of the relevant individual.